Our Integrated Resource Recovery Complex is located on a 22-acre land in Teluk Kalong, Kemaman, in the state of Terengganu, Malaysia. The complex houses the Flexible Refinery Plant, the Catalyst Recovery Plant, administrative offices equipped with training facilities, laboratories as well as a Waste Water Treatment Plant.
The Integrated Resource Recovery Complex is strategically positioned at the centre of the East Coast Petrochemical Hub in Peninsular Malaysia which gives QESB access to clients in the Integrated Petrochemical Complexes of Gebeng in the State of Pahang and Kerteh in the State of Terengganu. We are located 26km from Kerteh Airport, a short drive of 5km from Kemaman Supply Base a major port in Terengganu, 45km from Sultan Ahmad Shah Airport in Kuantan, Pahang as well as its Kuantan Port 37km away.
FLEXIBLE REFINERY PLANT
- The Flexible Refinery Plant is facility that processes all types of hydrocarbon waste oil into fuel oil, naphtha and stabilized diesel.
- The Flexible Refinery Plant uses oil thermal cracking process in conjunction with our proprietary treatment process. The Flexible Refinery Plant is a complete refinery design that incorporates petroleum industry standards customized for the waste processing industry. The plant is semi-automated manned by competent technical personnel with control-room experience.
- The Flexible Refinery Plant also comprises a Waste Water Treatment Plant, wherein liquid effluents from our processes can be treated before discharge to public sewerage.
- The Flexible Refinery Plant has a Department of Environment Malaysia-approved capacity of 90,000 metric tonnes per year. There is also a tank farm with 10,000 metric tonnes capacity.
CATALYST RECOVERY PLANT
- The Catalyst Recovery Plant is a facility that recycles spent catalysts from petroleum refineries, petrochemical and oleo chemical plants.
- The Catalyst Recovery plant utilizes the pyrolysis technology, commonly known as the Thermal Oxidation Process System, to treat spent catalyst. This technology enables QESB to recover catalyst in the form precious metals such as platinum, palladium, rhodium and silver as well as base metals such as copper, zinc and nickel. The technology adopted at QESB offers substantial cost saving benefits to our clients and reduces or eliminates landfill of the catalyst, which has long been an environmental issue.
- Within the Catalyst Recovery Plant, we also have a drum cleaning facility.
- The Catalyst Recovery Plant has a Department of Environment Malaysia-approved capacity of 6,500 metric tonnes per year. We also have three warehouses with 60,000 metric tonnes capacity
The Catalyst Recovery Plant and Flexible Refinery Plant share common facilities including a well-equipped laboratory, 50,000 metric tonnes calibrated weigh bridge, training rooms and administration office.